Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Henri in training

Yesterday was Henri's training day. Not "formal" training. "Functional" training, it's called. Manners. I think it came of a surprise to him. To "Wait". This morning, he was happy to just play for a while with his new "squirrel", but in a little while it will be time to work on some homework.

I believe Timber was "in sympathy" with him yesterday when the trainer was here. He followed us all around and tried to do his part too. It was so unlike Henri to "wait" and "follow". "What's going on?"

6 comments:

Suz said...

Ha ha.....I can't wait to see the new henri...no eating valentines or kissing us

Doris said...

Aw, just sharing affection.

Elena said...

Oh poor poor puppy. He looks like he has a broken spirit. He so reminds me of the Muppets.

april said...

I know, Elena. I would never want to break his spirit. It was a one-time training at the house. Now, it's up to me...and you know me. We're doing the program every day, but he's getting lots of hugs and kisses and he still snuggles in bed with me at night.

april said...

Oh, and yes he looks like Fozzy Bear with long legs.

Laura said...

Though it looks like its so painful for a larger dog and one of his nature the job of please may out weight the need to be wild and if good praise is give then he will learn fast. Just some relearn in a different positive reaction... now if I could get my terrier to stop sounding like the TaZ at the door trying to redirect our louie to stay away from greeting I'd be doing the same thing... good luck April.