Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's November

"I like spring, but it is too young. I like summer, but it is too proud. So I like best of all autumn, because its tone is mellower, its colours are richer, and it is tinged with a little sorrow. Its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor the power of summer, but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age. It knows the limitations of life and its content." Lin Yutang


When I went out this morning, the last few leaves hanging on to my maple were dusted with frost, and they glistened like Christmas ornaments. I must put glitter on some of my pressed Autumn leaves so I can remember how they looked on this November first morning.

Not as many trick-or-treaters, this year, as I had anticipated. To end my Halloween everning, I watched the 1941 version of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". I have always loved the old horror movies. I always cried for the werewolf. But, I had forgotten how awful was Mr. Hyde.

3 comments:

Suz said...

I listened to the radio
they were playing the War of the Worlds....I remember my dad talking about how it really scared him.
Aliens landing from outer space I guess would scare anyone

Glitter on leaves...I'm going to steal that idea

april said...

Loved the movie they made out of that too! The old one.

Doris said...

I have some movie watching to catch up on. And radio too! Have not experienced either.