Monday, October 19, 2009

Serendipity!

With plans for my new collage session starting a week from Wednesday, and thinking about doing a series, I decided to make "Serendipity Squares" today. This is a good way to use up all the little scraps of paper that I continue to save. I began by making piles of little pieces according to color and theme.

I glued the scraps down on cardstock, covering it completely.

Then I used my big postcard rubber stamp to stamp all over the entire surface to help tie all the different pieces of paper together.

Then I filled in some empty spots by stamping and embossing with a smaller stamp.

Some in gold...
using different smaller stamps...

and some embossed in black...




until I felt I had enough of the papers covered for interest.


When I felt the papers were completed, it was time to cut them up.

I cut them into 1" and 1-1/2" squares. They are very attractive little collages all by themselves.

Later, when putting together my collage series, I will choose some of these squares that relate to one another to tie my series together. And they were fun to do!

6 comments:

Suz said...

phew I'm tired

Robin said...

I think I'll have to try this!!! Looks like so much fun!!!

Elena said...

You really make me want to go out and gather all the little pieces of paper I've tossed.

Uta said...

Great ideas as usual April and it does look like fun.

Doris said...

Oh it does look fun. Wish I had time to play!

Laura said...

Thanks for showing us all the process of this, wonderful class project April! everyone should have a great time.