Monday, October 19, 2009

Celebration

Yesterday was the christening of two beautiful new little babies in our family. Twins. A frilly little baby girl and a dapper little baby boy. It was a lovely and meaningful ceremony.

And then an also lovely celebration at Cooper's Hawk. Everyone had a gilded pumpkin with their name on it for a place card. So pretty. And an absolutely delightful dinner -
Caprese Flatbread and Lobster Stuffed Potato Skins
Plain 'Ol House Salad (a wonderful plain 'ol salad!)
Red Wine & Mustard Short Ribs
Chicken Madeira
served with steamed broccolli and whipped potatoes
and a Truffle Trio for dessert!

Oh my goodness! It was yummy!
...and, by the way, they have a wonderful "holiday wine" (white or red) served warm like glogg.

6 comments:

Robin said...

What a beautiful stained glass window!! What church is that?? And I love those gilded pumpkins!! How did they put the names on them? Someone in this family must be very creative! I remember the baby shower pictures!!

april said...

The church is St. Stephens Catholic Church on 84th Avenue in Tinley Park. Yes, same babies as the baby shower. They had those darling pumpkins made at a farm on Wolf Road, just north of 143rd. Every year, I want to stop there and never have. I think it's called the Cornstalk Farm or something like that. The names are written very nicely in black marker, I believe.

Suz said...

April, thanks for sharing...a tear for grandma...twin babies! Oh my the double joy!
And I know those shortribs!!!!!!!!!!
and the church...now I just need to go find that farm on Wolf rd.

Audrey said...

That Church is beautiful, so modern and traditional with the beautiful stained glass windows. I attended a wedding there a month ago.
The menu sounds terrific, I've never been to that restaurant.

Doris said...

What a beautiful window! Congrats to the little ones! I'd love to paint some pumpkins gold. Will they keep?

Sandy said...

What a special and wonderful day.