Monday, September 7, 2009

Morning view

Early, early every morning this week, when I go out with the dogs, the brightest planet in the eastern September sky greets me. I think it's Jupiter. It's appears very peaceful, but it's not. When reading about Jupiter, I find it's the biggest planet in our solar system. It has a famous "landmark" called Great Red Spot (GRS) which is thought to be a giant swirling storm cloud. Jupiter's atmosphere is very stormy with high winds of up to 250 mph and lightening. It is very violent. It gets my attention very morning. hmmmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The celestial heavens are so awe-inspiring and beautiful to look at!

Interesting little facts about Jupiter....will have to look for her in the sky next time.....

Annie

purplehatartist said...

We looked through my husband's telescope a couple of weeks ago at Jupiter and were amazed to see 3 of its moons, all in a line! It's so bright, isn't it?

Doris said...

Oh, I need to spend a little more time in the stars!