Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's 6:13 a.m. and here comes a downpour! I love the sound and the smell of rain. It came on quickly. So quickly, a surprised little bird just hit the back door but flew away again. Good! Now everything is getting a good drink. Maybe it won't last long, but the air sure feels good while it's here. I had just read Laura's post about sitting outside in the morning and listening and watching the birds. I was just about to do that, but now the smells and the sounds have all come in to me. Well, not the birds. Oooo...lightning and thunder. The trees in back of our house have grown so much since we moved in. We can' t see the next block at all. The tops of them are bobbling around with the wind; ladies with locks of hair tossing in the wind while they all talk at once excitedly about the storm!

It's been months since I have really really written in my journal. I guess a line or two of what's necessary, but not truly written. Once in a while this happens and I miss it so. And pasting in mementos and stuff. I love to do that. I am always buying books on journaling too. They very much interest me. Just came across one that I have started reading now. I must have bought it a while back and maybe that got me going again. "Keeping a journal you love" by Sheila Bender.

No comments: