Sunday, August 16, 2009

Here we are!

The reunion was a huge success! 160 graduates arrived and it was so great to see so many old friends. We all wore our name tags, which was extremely important. Looking at all the faces, you excitedly knew you knew them and then quickly searching for their name tag, it was exciting again to see who it was! With hopes of seeing them, here I am with two of my favorite friends, Pat and Susan, whom I went through grammar school and high school with!

Here are twins, Lucille and Louella, with my good buddy, JoAnn (one of my "club girls" of 54 years). She is actually a "party-crasher" who went to Maria High School, but she loved all the social things that went on with us Harperites, so she was always with us and knew everyone.

Here again someone I went all through school with, Marilyn, chatting with Carol and Susan.

Catherine is the one who first called me when this was in the planning stages. Her and her twin brother, Cliff, are also grammar school/high school classmates of mine. I think of them so often, wished I knew where they were, and when I had heard her voice on the telephone, "a voice from the past", I could not believe my ears! Where's Judy! Cliff's wife, Judy, also was a high school chum and I wish she was in this picture. We need to do this again!

Me again, with my dear friend, Carmella (also one of my "club girls" of 54 years) and Virginia.

Together again; Eleanor, JoAnn, Arlene, Carmella and me. We had many many pajama parties when we were teenagers. What memories!

Soon it was time to say "so long". Here are Susan, Viola, Eleanor and Gail, promising we will not let another 50 years go by and we will plan to get together!
We had a big group photograph taken. A wide panoramic one, and it reminds me of the photo that they took on our class trip to Washington D.C. except that one was in black & white. The committee also made up a very special CD of memories for each of us. Thank you, Committee!
Harper Victory March
We're true to you our own dear Harper High,
We'll ever stand for you and fight,
Your white and crimson bright we'll proudly fly,
So dear to every Harperite,
You stand for everything we hold most dear,
Faith, honor, love, and loyality,
With vim and pep,
Watch Harper step,
To fame and glorious victory.

8 comments:

Suz said...

April, what a fun evening...you all did look like you went back 50 years...same girls..same laughs....what a blessing you have in these friends.....and it seems black was the "in" color that evening and red toenails!

Elena said...

So happy you had a great time. You looked great and everyone looked like the years apart melted away as memories were shared.

butterfly woman said...

You all have such a glow. How neat to stay connected with some of your grammar school friends as the years have gone by.
By the way, you look simply smashing in your outfit. Hope you'll be able to wear it to future occasions.
When was your last reunion? And where did you go to High School? Looks like a great bunch you were able to enjoy those high school years with!

Audrey said...

The outfit looked great. Didn't you wonder who all these old ladies were?

april said...

I think this was only our second reunion, unless I missed one somewhere along the confusion. I have the booklet from our 10-year one, so it's been a long long time. Now they were talking about having another in 5 years. Guess we're going to make up for lost time. I went to Harper High School in Chicago.

Uta said...

Wow April your outfit looks fabulous and you look so happy. Just what you needed I reckon.

Doris said...

How wonderful for you! I had my 30 year reunion this past weekend and talk of an annual picnic is stirring!

Sandy said...

You can tell you all had such a great time. How wonderful that you've connected.