Thursday, August 13, 2009

a dilemma of a day

Dilemma, according to Webster's, says it's "any situation in which one must choose between unpleasant alternatives". That description fits my day today. Shopping! Clothes shopping! I am not a shopper. I put it off long enough and had to go. My high school class reunion is this coming Saturday. My 50th class reunion! Yikes! Well, I spent about four hours in Carson's circling the clothing department, trying things on, and finally decided on this, my first choice. A new pair of Alfred Dunner's black slacks. They are a forever staple in my closet and I just wanted a new pair. They are like "the little black dress" to me. The shell and top are Anne Klein and I love them. I hope that I wasn't seeing myself through "high school rose-colored glasses" and that it will look alright on me when the hour arrives. Suck it in, April!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a story and that is a cute outfit i think you should go shopping more ... who knows what good stuff you can find. Come visit rosieland if you get a chance well i am 11 years old so i try my best. Well i love your stories you are good. :-)

Uta said...

Oh April you are funny. I love to shop and Julia, my Mum and I often go on shopping trips we like to call retail therapy hehehe. You will look wonderful in your new outfit :)

april said...

thank you, Rosie and Uta!

Elena said...

I think the outfit is very cute. The black shell(?) is really cool. You'll look marvelous. Paired with some jewelry and that beaming smile of yours and watch out!

april said...

Thanks Elena! The "gold" color is the shell, worn under the black kind of a little "shrug" but with short sleeves, kind of a heavy sweater material. Reminds me of something I would have worn in the 50's.

Suz said...

wowie wow wow! You'll be the hit of the reunion! That is such a pretty and sophisticated outfit..How about shoes? AND ROSIE IS RIGHT..YOU ARE GOOD.

butterfly woman said...

I'd like to see a photo of you with the outfit on! You're teasing us here, you know. I do love the jacket. One of those pieces that will transistion from summer into fall into winter.
Happy Reunion! Will be fun to hear how it goes.

Laura said...

Yes suck it up April your going to look beautiful You personality and charm will out shine them all. Your a gem!

Audrey said...

The outfit looks like "you". I'm sure you will be one of the youngest looking person there. At my 50th, they gave us a picture from our year book to wear so people would know who you are. Everyone said I didn't need the picture because I looked the same as I did then.(similar hairdos). Have fun