Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to the drawing board!

Today is the deadline for the drawings for the art class calendar. Whew! Squeeking in just in time. The theme for 2010 is "Gardens" and the angel is from the garden at Camp Palos.

This is a "high bush cranberry" growing around another big tree in Sonya's garden. It was looking like Fall with the pretty red fruit and the green and russet leaves. A bug landed on my paper as I sat there drawing, and as he modeled for me, I drew him into the picture too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

April, I had such fun!!! and now I'm inspired to do more. I have been wanting to do collages for so long. What a treat to get this creativity out of me. YIKES!!!

I need some supplies, off to Michael's. I had some old decopague (sp?) glue, too smelly. Hope I can find the supplies you used. What a treat you are. Thanks,
Marcia

april said...

The feeling goes both ways, Marcia! You were a delight to have in my class!

butterfly woman said...

Love how the bug posed for you. I had fun looking for him, oh there he is flying. Those plein air outings certainly seem inspiring to you. I always love to see your creations.
I once had a bug leave little footprints in my painting. He wanted to be an artist too I guess.

Sandy said...

Beautiful drawings. Wow, what a talent!

Doris said...

Love that highbush cranberry! I used to have one but it has since passed. I must plant another... such beauty in seasons!