Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Peonies, Peonies, Peonies

Why do peonies all have to come at once and on a week that rains? Their blooms are so heavy that their poor stems can not hold them up. I have read there are new hybrids that have sturdier stems. But I love this bush! I will have to look into the cage or stake solution for next year.

Anyway, brought dozens of peonies inside yesterday. I didn't want to just leave them lying on the ground. They are so beautiful. And now, this morning, I am sneezing and sneezing and sneezing! And "Henri" is alarmed by sneezing. Each time, he has to jump up and put his arms around my neck and hug me! Will I survive this peony explosion?

3 comments:

Ann said...

they are so pretty!!! i wish i could have a houseful of flowers..they are so pretty when scattered around the house in vases..but i am allergic,such a pity! i'll just have to enjoy your pictures!!

J (uk) said...

Poor April... and poor worried Henri! What a sweetie he is. It looks a beautiful peony... like an old antique white rose. Hope the sneezes end soon.

Marjorie said...

OH April, you should see the special Peony cage Mandy bought at Home Depot for my three plants! They grow through it so you have to remember to put it in place before they get too tall!