Thursday, June 11, 2009

Art at the Girl Scout Camp

Welcome to the Girl Scout Camp!

And here come the goldens! "Madison" and "Murphy" are anxious to greet us!

They want to say "hello" and play!

Because it was raining, I found a window inside the cabin from where I had this view. I liked this big tree with the big bump and the shovel leaning up against it.

And I got this far...
A wonderful place with nature all around and we can not wait to take them up on the invitation to return! A great day!

6 comments:

Elena said...

Such a beautiful drawing! You know how much I love trees. I was so sad to have missed today. I apparently have alot to learn about plein air. It doesn't matter if it's raining! Sounds alot like motorcycle riding - you all mean business.

Ann said...

April..beautiful art!! I so wish I had your talent!!

april said...

Oh yes, Elena. Used to go out plein air painting in the dead of winter with Rita! Thanks! And thanks, Ann!

J (uk) said...

Such a lovely watercolour April, hope you're going to frame it. x

purplehatartist said...

This is just gorgeous, april. Please tell me, what is plein air?

april said...

"En plein air" is french for "in the open air" or painting outdoors. Just like in the days of the Impressionists, we sit outside with our art stools and our palettes and our brushes. It's the best! You never forget that moment or where you were.