Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Project: Women of Literary Distinction

With a taped down watercolor paper, I began with a gesso undercoat on both sides. Then I chose text to identify my subject and continued with a coat of a light colored acrylic wash.



After that was dry, I applied a secondary medium intensity color, applying it to the outer edges and working toward the center, but not covering the first color completely.


After that was dry, I applied a third wash of a darker color, burnt umber, sparingly to outer edges but not covering all of the first or second colors.


"I speak for those children..."


I have chosen Audrey Hepburn as my person who has left her mark on the world. This is my beginning and I began to chose some pieces to layer on and will continue on with my class.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Once again thanks for showing the process....I truly enjoy watching you,April.

Ann said...

This is fabulous!! I will be waiting for more. Audrey is this PERFECT choice...an example to all.

april said...

Thank you both. And Ann, I have always loved Audrey Hepburn since I first saw her on the big screen. Such a gentle soul.

Doris said...

Wonderful!