Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last day of April

"P" is for "Poetry".
For inspiration, I used one of my mother's poems, that she wrote years ago, and I have hopefully sent these "p's" twisting and twirling through my collage.

Putting the final touches and the wire on now for the "Alphabetica III" exhibit at the Orland Park Library. Goes up tonight!
The Leaves
When I can take some time to pause
And gaze up at a tree,
I think of little things
my mother 'd say to me.
She'd say that on a windy day,
when she would watch the leaves,
It seemed as though a story they'd tell,
a-nodding in the breeze.
You get a dreamy feeling
on a lazy summer day.
Above you there's the blue, blue sky,
A billowy cloud goes drifting by
And sometimes as I sit here too
I can see it's really true,
The twisting, twirling leaves do
tell an endless tale to you.
by Gertrude Erika Berglund

4 comments:

Suz said...

oh April, I really like your mom's poem...the last line deepens the whole thing......nice P collage!

Uta said...

Fabulous layers and a wonderful poem makes for a lovely piece of collage April

april said...

thanks. I treasure my mom's poetry.

Doris said...

She must have been a very magical mother to have inspired so much creative joy in you! I will have to remember that poem come fall and rest a while under the trees, listening!
I do like the tumbling P's!