Friday, April 17, 2009

delinquent

This morning is poetry class. I didn't write this week. I didn't do my homework. And I just need to be home today. tsk-tsk. Many projects in many stages, and I just need to sit and think about them. An exercise we did, in the last poetry session, was to pick a title of a book from their library at The Center and use that in a poem. We glanced at the books rather quickly and "Games People Play" caught my eye. Maybe sharing it here with you will help justify my not going today?

Games People Play

I think of what people say
and they shouldn't.
Of what they should say
but wouldn't.

The games people play.
The things they do and say.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I think you can omit the last two lines,it's repeating the title..not necessary. Less said the better....I think it is good!

april said...

Thank you so much for your critique, Sue! I went ahead and just wrote this as I had it, without waiting for the critiques from class and you are so right. xx