Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pages done!

My ledger pages done! The theme for Gai's page is "Simple Wisdom". I chose quotes from Laura Ingalls Wilder. "The true way to live is to enjoy every moment as it passes, and surely it is in the everyday things around us that the beauty of life lies."

And on the back - "As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful."

This is for Mary's choice of theme; "Poetry Thrown into Collage". One of the first poems that I remember reading was introduced to me in grammar school. "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll. It makes me read dramatically and I think it's just amazing.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe,
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought-
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh, Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.


The theme for Carolyn's is "Time Traveler". I can only think of how fast time is going. Don't dare blink! I had to stick in a picture of Elvis that looks kind of dreamy because it reminds me of my Mom. She loved him and I wish he were here and I wish she were too.

On the back I have music, from a child's vintage song book, called "The Clock".

This one I did for Deb's theme "Step'n Out Of The Box". I guess I never do anything like this in bright colors with large animals chasing crazy ladies who are mowing down the roses!

On the back, she is peeking out of the disturbed garden to see if anyone saw her.

4 comments:

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

April,
Your art is stunning! I love the juxtoposition of different elements and what a beautiful unity they create. I've always had a weakness for music sheets, and your piece just takes me on a magical ride...
Tatiana

april said...

Thank you, Tatiana. And good to meet you!

Laura said...

What a diverse assortment of work there lady. Amazing how the titles or theme can have a great effect on the out come of the work. It always keeps me stunded.
~v~

Doris said...

I love the mome raths!