Monday, March 16, 2009

On with the day...

Did get to work on my little watercolor yesterday afternoon for a while.

This morning, Danielle and I had a lovely time. She requested pancakes and bacon for breakfast, which I made, while she drew pictures of birthday cake, balloons and presents. Now I will continue to paint. And plan for my collage class. And cut fabric for a new quilting block. And get ready for book club tomorrow, which is here at my house. And make spaghetti sauce for supper!
Help!

5 comments:

purplehatartist said...

This is so beautiful! Love the hollyhocks.

J (uk) said...

The watercolour is so serene... and very pretty. You're having a very busy, happy time at the moment April by the sound of it. Hope Brent enjoyed his birthday. By the way, I love the composition of Objet D'art... masterly! I bet Danielle's drawings were cheery, are you still working on the doll together?

april said...

Marge - Hollyhocks are one of my all-time favorites, since my grandmother's garden on the side of our house. Thank you.

Thank you, Julie. And yes, when I have a couple more hours with Danielle this week, we will work on the doll again. Wanted to make more with her, as she seemed to so enjoy it. Schedules are being changed right now.

butterfly woman said...

Nice to see a watercolor of yours. Haven't seen one in a while. Hollyhooks beautifully lead the eye into the building. Love the windows, with all their color variations Where is this located? Looks like a place of fantasy.
Busy is a good thing. Keeps us happy!

april said...

This is from a photograph that I took at the Begijnhof in Amsterdam. A most beautiful place filled with emotion.