Saturday, March 14, 2009

Decision

"Walk To Walton"

"Objet d' art"

"Flap Like Eagles"



"Miss Hickory"

A trip to Westmont, yesterday, to borrow one of my "sold" collages for a photo shoot today for the Midwest Collage Society. We also squeezed in lunch at the "Bohemian Crystal". yum. Now, this morning, I need to decide on the three collage pieces that I want to have photographed for the portfolio CD that MCS is putting together. I need to decide on my three favorite pieces. I do have favorites. I know everyone does. Ones that turn out like everything went into place like you planned it. It was bittersweet picking up "Walk To Walton" from it's owner. I get so attached to them. Why do I do that? Okay, snap out of it! Now to decide. (1)"Walk to Walton". (2) "Objet d' art" (it received an honorable mention in the Alphabetica II exhibit) and for (3) I think it will be "Flap Like Eagles". No one knows about "Miss Hickory" except me. It was one of my favorite books when i was in grammar school. The end.

4 comments:

Suz said...

I vote Walton first
Miss Hickory second
I hate to agree with you, but the person who snatched that Walk to Walton from you was a genius...it is gorgeous..but I know they will cherish it forever, mostly because it came from inside of you, dear April.

butterfly woman said...

Hi April,
I'm loving Miss Hickory too, feel it needs to be in top three. And maybe because people don't know much about it, makes it more mysterious and intriguing.
Have fun with the photo shoot. Maybe by next year I'll have joined MCS and have started taking collage a little more seriously. Time will tell.
P.S. The collages you have picked all go so well together, the colors, great for a series.
Take care.
Bev

Uta said...

I vote for 'Flap Like Eagles'. Love that piece!!!!

april said...

Thank you ladies! I did go with Walton, Objet d' art and Eagles! I do love Hiawatha as my mom gave me the book when I was young. Beautiful poetry. The photographer today was wonderful and I have a cd of what he photographed. A new experience for me.