Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Beginning the month




The beginning of the month, and I planned to work on bills/budget early this morning. Being the sidetracked person that I am, I looked the other way and came across my Discovery Journal which I have not looked at, or worked in, for a long time. Started many years ago, when I first started reading "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach, it was one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. It is one of the "tools" she suggests for living a simple and grateful life. Every time I open my journal, all of my emotions are stirred. I love this book. These are images that I probably would not alter or use in a collage. They are pictures that have meaning for me and I want to save them to look at. They remind me of what I love. Occasionally, I add to them and so, in fact, they make their own collage. So, spent the morning reminiscing over them and then went on to paying bills. Now it's noon!

1 comment:

Doris said...

A wonderful book! I have it on cassette also. Too bad the car doesn't have a cassette player.