Saturday, August 9, 2008

Guess what?

I have something to tell you...

You know it is over a year now that we lost our golden, "Clifford". There is a big empty spot in the house. "Timber" misses him, as we all do. Well, today we are driving 3 hours to see a liter of "goldendoodles"!

When I was away at that conference, my husband was thinking too much (at least it wasn't about cars!) and looking on the computer for dogs/puppies. We were thinking of going to a rescue, but well, he found someone who sounds like a good breeder, a nice lady, a schoolteacher, and so we just have to think we are still going to rescue one - but a puppy! The goldendoodle is a mix of golden retriever and standard poodle, so it looks like a golden but has curly hair. We saw one once when we were vacationing and he fell for them. I hope the whole situation is wonderful. I'll let you know...

2 comments:

Uta said...

Nothing like the smell of a new little puppy. Very exciting for you and Timber.

Doris said...

I never would've guessed the puppy would have poodle hair? Looks more like daddy's hair. Great that you can follow it's progress!